After our discussion of the transubstantiation from Monday, we should probably consider where the Church gets this idea from in the first place.
For Wednesday, please read John 6: 22-59 and answer these 5 questions in 2-3 sentences each on a separate sheet of paper (it’ll be about one page total):
- The crowd following Jesus asks him four questions. What are their questions, and how does Jesus respond to them?
- What is the distinction between manna and the “true bread from heaven”? What does each bread “satisfy”?
- What does Jesus mean when he says “Whoever comes to me will never be hungry, and whoever believes in me will never be thirsty”? (Literally, Jesus? Because that’s a sweet deal.)
- What is the “true bread from heaven”? What does Jesus command his followers to do with this bread? How do they respond?
- How is the act of eating the “true bread” transformative?